Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Plagiarized Poems

My wife has generously offered to let me post some her work on here as well. I wanted to post something new, but didn't have anything of my own that I feel is ready and she generously allowed me to use her stuff. Also, I think she's really talented and offers a refreshingly different view from my own. Therefore I give you, Megan's poems.


1.
My reflection
A wavering silhouette in minute mirrors
What if I peered too closely and fell in?
How long would I fall and would you catch me?
And haul me out those inky wells

2.
Bruised hands gloved white outstretched to the sky.
Below yellow balloons sink to hover above mud or
To float in oily puddles that capture diamonds in the night.
Feeble dreams like things do fail and are found missing,
Useful platitudes to clutch at with greedy fingernails.

3.
I never saw the moon reflected in two pairs of eyes
As they thought back to pastoral summer days
When there were bumblebees and grass-stained knees

And the hourly knells of the clock-tower went unheard and unheeded
To those big children time was so far away and
Naively they held they had conquered that tyrant god in memory-making

This, their long, long moment was kept tethered to their chests
Even when, with the leaves, the sun faded and the fall comes
But they saw it like a Monet
It painted the mountains glorious

4.
Leftover pieces
Crumbs of temporality
Mobiles of diamond rings
A teabag to chew over
Overblown epitaphs
A broom to sweep sweep sweep it all away

6.
Tenuous thread she treads
This good little doll with
Heart of lead
Glued shards of
Shattered porcelain pieces
See how she walks
Funny little thing
With arms outstretched
Foot by foot,
Day to day
Feigning balance
No safety net below
Instead a deep, black hole
Poor little thing
Spotlights too hot
Are melting away the mouth
Supposed grin now a grimace
Beneath an audience crowds,
But they’re not cheering.

1 comment:

  1. Jen and I agree - These are profound. Especially #6. Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete